The Santa Fe Depot
"On 29 July 1995, Wickenburg celebrated the one hundred year anniversary of its railroad depot (dedicated 29 July 1895). The structure stands in its original 1895 design, without additions or modifications, and is one of the few such surviving examples of "Wild West" railroad architecture. Vice-Mayor Carol Ann Beard briefly described the history of the depot, which now serves as the Chamber of Commerce. "Estelle's Garden", in memory of a longtime Chamber supporter, was dedicated at the ceremony. This depot last saw passenger service in May 1969 when Santa Fe discontinued the daily train between Phoenix and Williams Junction."
|Standing near the train station is a statue of a school |
teacher. She has just disembarked from the train with