|Early 1900's on Brewery Gulch.|
The district was active until 1917 when a military camp was formed during WWI and established near the small town of Lowell just south of Bisbee. The Federal Government's regulations would not permit such a camp to be withing three miles of a Red-light area. The law-makers decided to shut the district down until the war was over, but it never opened for business after that.
Today, some of the houses still stand and are now private homes or apartments. Other houses no longer exist and are just stairs leading to empty lots with displays of old metal bed frames of what used to be there.